The VICE piece is confusing in its intent.
THE NEXT BIG THING is a self-interview where writers answer a series of pre-determined questions about forthcoming/recent books, chapbooks, projects, sky writings, notes they made while taking a dump, etc.
1. What is the working title of the script?
“The Man with Wheels Attached to his Feet”
2. Where did the idea come from for the script?
Experiencing the world with rollerblades, The film “The Man Who Fell to Earth”, Edward Scissorhands and Lynne Ramsay.
3. What genre does your script fall under?
Canadian desert science fiction
4. What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Probably people with interesting faces and movements that have never really acted before.
5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your script?
“Man appears in the desert with wheels stuck to his feet”
6. How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
A couple days back in film school… I only have a one page outline that needs to be extended into 15 pages or so.
7. Who or what inspired you to write this script?
That alien feeling you get when you wear rollerblades.
8. What else about your script might pique the reader’s interest?
It will be really Canadian.